Long Term Visitors

Home / Long Term Visitors

Home / Coming To Australia Long Term Visitors

Long Term Visitors

Getting a Visa

Australia allows everyone a chance to come and visit its diverse landscape and culture. That is why there is an option through which you can stay in Australia for a longer period of time than a visit. But to do that, you will need an appropriate visa.

The kind of visa you would want to apply for depends on the length and purpose of your stay in Australia.

Study in Australia

There are different student visa options available if you wish to study in Australia. Depending upon the nature of your study program, you can apply for this visa for primary, secondary, higher, post-graduate and vocational study and training.

Work in Australia

If you are a young person aged between 18-30, and you want to vacation and work in Australia at the same time, then you can apply for a working holiday visa. You are eligible to apply for this visa if you have a valid passport of an eligible country, you do not have a dependent child with you while you are in Australia, you have enough money to support yourself during your stay, and are able to buy a return or onward ticket after your stay.

You can also apply for a second working holiday visa if you wish to extend your stay in Australia. You can do that when you are a holder of a working holiday visa and you have carried out specified work in regional Australia for a period of at least 3 months.

Furthermore, you can apply for a skilled working visa if you wish to work in Australia as a temporary or permanent resident. You can also apply for this visa if you do not meet the requirements of working holiday visa but you still wish to work in Australia.

Live in Australia

You can live in Australia as permanent or temporary resident. You can also apply for a visa to live in Australia if you have a family member living in Australia who is an Australian citizen, a permanent Australian resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

There are different visa options available for family members, from which you can choose. Some of them are:

  • Partner category visa
  • Parent visa
  • Relative visa
  • Child and adoption visa

Bridging Visa

You can apply for this kind of visa when your Australian visa has expired and you want to do either of the following three things:

  1. Stay in Australia until you a response for your next visa application.
  2. Travel to and from Australia while awaiting decision regarding your next visa application.
  3. Stay in Australia while you make arrangements to leave or finalise your immigration matters.