If you plan to reside in Australia permanently or obtain Australian citizenship, then you need to be aware of certain aspects of the Australian life, such as their values, and lifestyle along with knowing about the visa and migration procedure.
Let’s begin with the very generic aspect which is the lifestyle. However, one interesting thing to know about is that there is no specific lifestyle adopted by the citizens or residents of Australia. There is a number of people that likes to live a relaxed, easy-going country life, whereas, there are others who choose to live in the extremely busy urban areas. The good thing about Australia’s lifestyle is that no matter where you choose to live, you will find and live a high-quality life and you can choose to be whoever you want to be.
Also highly important are the values that prevail in Australia. Every new citizen of Australia is motivated by the government to read and know more about the country and its traditions, values, customs and language. This helps the people in feeling more connected to their country, and increases patriotism.
Information for permanent residents
There is some important information you need to be aware of if you wish to become a permanent Australian citizen.
First of all, you need to know the procedure as to how you can become an Australian citizen. There are certain criteria for becoming an Australian citizen. If a person fulfills them, then they can apply to get the Australian citizenship.
Secondly, you need to know how to have your family members join you in Australia. Your family can apply through the family visa options available in case they are overseas. These include parent visa option, child and adoption visa option, partner category visa options, and relative visa options.
Thirdly, you need to be aware of the rule which states that every child born to an Australian citizen will be provided with an Australian citizenship directly.
Furthermore, you must have an idea of the following:
- Visa Support: This consists of information and other details regarding the procedure of applying for an Australian visa.
- Costs of Visas: You should know about the charges and fees for all visas.
- Obtaining assistance: you should have information about seeking services from a migration agent in your home country and in Australia.
- Health Insurance: You must be aware of the health insurance and reciprocal healthcare agreements that may be needed when travelling to Australia.
- Expired Visas: It is important to know what happens if your visa is not valid anymore.