Visa Options for International Travelers

Home / Visa Options for International Travelers

Home >> Coming To Australia >> Visa for International Travelers

Visa for International Travelers

The following are different types of visitor’s visas that can be applied for by people who are living outside Australia and hold a passport from an eligible country. You can generally apply for this type of a visa if you are a tourist, for business, or to see your family.

1. Visitor’s Visa (subclass 600):

This type of visa allows a person to stay for a determined period of time in Australia, which is determined by the minister. It can be applied for by people who want to visit Australia, to meet their family, or for business activities.

2. Electronic Travel Authority visa (subclass 601):

Through this visa you can travel to Australia on several occasions over a period of 12 months, starting from the date the visa was granted, three months or the life of the visa holder’s passport, whichever is shorter. You need to be away from Australia at the time the Electronic Travel Authority visa is granted or, if you apply for this visa during the period of immigration clearance, then you need to be in it even when it is granted. If you are visiting Australia as a tourist or for business visitor activities, then you are applicable to apply for this visa.

3. eVisitor (subclass 651):

Through this visa, you can travel to Australia for up to three months on several times within 12 months from the date the visa was granted. It is also free for certain people who are visiting Australia for business related activities or as a tourist.

Apart from the ones mentioned above, there are other types of visas available as well, such as those that permit you to participate in a community or cultural benefit program, workplace-related training or professional development program, or an Australian-based research program. You can even apply for a medical treatment visa. This can be done if you wish to undergo some medical treatment or consultation in Australia, or support another person who holds or has applied for this visa.

Investor Retirement (subclass 405) visa

You can enjoy your retirement and spend your time in Australia. If this is the case, then you can apply for an Investor Retirement visa and live in Australia as a self-funded retiree.

New Zealand Citizens and Partners

You can also apply for a visitor visa if you are a citizen or related to a citizen of New Zealand, and want to visit, work, study or live in Australia.