Working Travellers

Home / Working Travellers

Home / Coming To Australia Working Travelers

Working Travelers

You also have the option of visiting Australia and working at the same time. There are multiple ways in which you can do this.

The first is to take a working holiday in Australia while the second is to be a temporary or permanent resident of Australia. The first requirement would be to have a valid visa with work rights. This option allows you to work while on a holiday thereby giving you the opportunity to share your knowledge, culture and skills with the people there.

There are a few requirements to be able to work while on a vacation in Australia.

Firstly, you should be between 18 to 30 years old holding a valid passport of an eligible country.

You should also have enough money on hand such that you can support yourself while on a working holiday in Australia. You should also be able to buy a return ticket at the end of the holiday.

Furthermore, you cannot take a dependent child with you while staying and working in Australia.

There are multiple scenarios which can arise and which require different types of visas. The first is that you may not have previously visited Australia on a work and holiday visa but possess a valid passport given by a country that has a Working Holiday Program with Australia.

Furthermore, you also have good chances of getting a job in Australia. The visa you can get in this case is a working holiday (subclass 417) visa. The visa can be extended if you have done specified and significant work in Australia for at least 3 months.

In another case you might have entered Australia before but not on a work and holiday or working holiday visa. However, if you do meet the educational requirements and are fluent in English along with belonging to a country that has working holiday arrangements with Australia then you can get a work and holiday (subclass 462) visa.

There are other options of combining work and holidays. You can for example attend conferences and seminars in Australia on a simple visitor visa.

You can go all the way for a full-fledged work visa as well. You can do this if you want to work in the country as a permanent or temporary resident. You can also opt for a working visa if you are not eligible for a working holiday visa.